Intuitive new waveform, histogram, vectorscope and Nit level HDR monitoring solution
AJA Video Systems is offering a tech preview of its new HDR Image Analyzer at NAB 2018. A waveform, histogram, vectorscope and Nit-level HDR monitoring solution, HDR Image Analyzer simplifies monitoring and analysis of 4K/UltraHD/2K/HD, HDR and WCG content in production, post, quality control (QC) and mastering.
Combining AJA’s production-proven and powerful video and audio I/O with HDR analysis tools from Colorfront in a compact 1RU chassis, the HDR Image Analyzer offers a flexible solution for monitoring and analyzing HDR formats including PQ (Perceptual Quantizer), Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG) and Rec.2020 for 4K/UltraHD workflows.
The new product is the second technology collaboration between AJA and Colorfront, following the successful integration of Colorfront Engine™ into AJA’s FS-HDR in 2017. Colorfront has exclusively licensed its Colorfront HDR Image Analyzer software to AJA for AJA’s HDR Image Analyzer.
Key feature highlights include:
• Precise, high quality UltraHD UI for native-resolution picture display
• Advanced out of gamut and out of brightness detection with error intolerance
• Support for SDR (Rec.709), ST2084/PQ and HLG analysis
• CIE graph, Vectorscope, Waveform, Histogram
• Out of gamut false color mode to easily spot out of gamut/out of brightness pixels
• Data analyzer with pixel picker
• Up to 4K/UltraHD 60p over 4x 3G-SDI inputs
• SDI auto signal detection
• File base error logging with timecode
• Display and color processing look up table (LUT) support
• Line mode to focus a region of interest onto a single horizontal or vertical line
• Loop through output to broadcast monitors
• Still store
• Nit levels and phase metering
• Built-in support for color spaces from ARRI, Canon, Panasonic, RED and Sony
“As 4K/UltraHD, HDR/WCG productions become more common, quality control is key to ensuring a pristine picture for audiences, and our new HDR Image Analyzer gives professionals an affordable and versatile set of tools to monitor and analyze HDR productions from start to finish, allowing them to deliver more engaging visuals for viewers,” shared Nick Rashby, President, AJA Video Systems.
“Having already worked very successfully with AJA last year to integrate Colorfront Engine into on AJA FS-HDR, we chose to partner with them once again, in order to bring HDR Image Analyzer more effectively to the global market,” said Aron Jazberenyi, managing director of Colorfront. “Colorfront’s comprehensive UHD HDR software tool set optimizes the superlative performance of AJA video and audio I/O hardware, to deliver a powerful new solution for the critical task of HDR quality control.”
HDR Image Analyzer is being demonstrated as a technology preview only at NAB 2018 - Stand SL2505