AJA ANNOUNCES KONA 5, Io 4K PLUS AND T-TAP PRO SUPPORT IN MICROSOFT TEAMS
Looking to transform a webcam feed into a broadcast-grade AV signal for your next production? Check out AJA’s latest partner collaboration, which brings Microsoft Teams Broadcast Video Out support to AJA KONA 5, Io 4K Plus, and T-TAP Pro.
AJA Video Systems is collaborating with Microsoft to ensure that a range of its audio and video I/O solutions support the new Hardware Out feature in Microsoft Teams. Using the new feature with an AJA KONA 5, Io 4K Plus or T-TAP Pro, live production and AV professionals can easily output SDI and HDMI high quality audio and video streams of on-the-ground reporters, interviewees, or events in remote locations and seamlessly weave the footage into live productions at broadcast-quality.
Microsoft Teams Hardware Out support for compatible AJA hardware is accessible within the Teams interface once enabled by an administrator. Users simply click on the permissions tab, turn on broadcast capabilities, then select “Hardware Out” for the connected AJA device to receive the video signal. A host of timing, resolutions, and frame rates are available to choose from, and once the settings are established, the user can then feed the signal out through the AJA device via SDI and HDMI to ensure a broadcast-quality signal that can be fed to routers, recorders, or other production equipment.
“The latest integration allows production professionals to transform nearly any webcam feed into a professional-grade audio and video signal to be brought into broadcast-grade productions” shared AJA President Nick Rashby.
“Integrating high quality audio and video remote feeds into live productions can be challenging and costly, but with our new Teams Hardware Out feature and industry standard hardware like AJA’s I/O solutions, it’s quick, easy and cost efficient,” shared Aaron Linne, Senior Program Manager, Microsoft Teams for Broadcasters at Microsoft Corp.
New T-TAP Pro support extends high-quality 4K/UltraHD and HD, Thunderbolt™ 3 enabled 12G-SDI and HDMI 2.0 monitoring and output from Autodesk® Flame®, Flame Assist and Flare™ VFX and creative finishing workflows on compatible macOS workstations.
AJA Video Systems has announced T-TAP Pro support for Autodesk’s Flame Family of VFX and creative finishing tools – now available in new v2022.2 releases from Autodesk. New T-TAP Pro compatibility extends high-quality video monitoring and output to Autodesk® Flame®, Flame Assist and Flare™ workflows on compatible macOS workstations. Whether delivering VFX, 3D compositing, colour grading or editorial finishing in Flame, T-TAP Pro offers streamlined Thunderbolt™ 3-connected monitoring and output of high-quality HDR and HFR video up to 4K/UltraHD over 12G-SDI and HDMI 2.0 on supported Apple Mac desktop or MacBook Pro laptop computers.
“Our partners at AJA have done it again, producing a great device for simplified monitoring needs. In the age of remote working, being able to use such a small device for high-quality 12G-SDI or HDMI 2.0 monitoring is paramount. T-TAP Pro is the perfect portable companion for Flame Family products,” shared Stephane Labrie, Senior Product Owner, Autodesk Flame
For more information on the T-Tap Pro contact DigiBox to arrange a demo.
AJA ANNOUNCES EQUITY STAKE IN DISKOVER DATA; INTRODUCES DISKOVER MEDIA EDITION
Managing data in M&E workflows doesn’t have to be unwieldy any longer with AJA’s newest solution – AJA Diskover Media Edition Software. With open-source roots, the powerful browser-based software comprises a host of tools that make it simple to search, find, and analyse media asset data originating from on-premises, remote, and cloud storage – aggregating associated metadata into a unified global index with powerful in-depth reports.
AJA Video Systems has taken a proactive equity stake in data analytics software developer Diskover Data and simultaneously launched AJA Diskover Media Edition. The new software is based on open source roots and lets media and entertainment professionals (M&E) easily search, find, and analyse media asset data originating from on-premises, remote, and cloud storage – aggregating associated metadata into a unified global index. The solution enables users to make more informed data decisions, a key capability as the M&E industry is on track to create more data in the next three years than it has in the last three decades.
AJA Diskover Media Edition is designed to serve a range of professionals in the M&E industry, from executives to systems administrators, IT managers, operational personnel, creatives and beyond. The software allows users to easily index hundreds of petabytes of data and more to easily locate files, analyse them, and pinpoint misallocated resources. It ultimately saves companies time and expenditure by helping them to identify wasted storage space, ageing and unused files, data changes, and more.
With AJA Diskover Media Edition, metadata can also be seamlessly harvested to add business context and insights to files to inform data decisions and business processes, and to streamline workflows. It includes custom plug-ins that address the specific needs of M&E professionals around the world, regardless of the physical or virtual platforms utilised to store media content. AJA Diskover Media Edition further enables users to search across multiple platforms simultaneously, and discover and present data in a master index, while generating reports and cost analysis to a range of roles across productions or enterprises. Key highlights include:
- A single master index: Ensure that all files across cloud, remote, and on-premises storage are up to date, and that data access and rights can be easily controlled on a per-user level, with Diskover’s constant indexing and centrally located indexes.
- Snapshots in time: Tap into a history of indexes to easily compare storage over time and project future growth demands, as well as identify areas of concern.
- Elastic search: Scale to any environment size and type with an open-source core that simplifies asset search and provides insights into associated storage costs. Easily integrate with external APIs and order management platforms.
- Tagging: Use tags to support workflow actions and approval processes, such as file deletion approval on an expired asset.
- Analysis: Advance media workflows and monetisation efforts with access to robust technical metadata (i.e. codec, number of audio files, resolution, etc.) via a simple search. Gain insights that provide team members with in-depth information about each asset and where it landed for more informed decision-making.
- Support for hybrid environments: Seamlessly run Diskover across on-premises storage solutions and cloud-based storage services.
- An intuitive web-browser UI: Access AJA Diskover Media Edition from anywhere with an internet connection and easily deploy multiple indexers globally at other facilities, all reporting into one common platform and master index.
- Security: Read-only access to the file systems and a web-based UI not directly connected to the storage prevents file corruption, deletion, or unwanted changes to assets.
- Global asset overview: Provide remote teams and individuals with a global view of the assets for each given production, group of productions, or client – empowering their own relationship with the data.
- Cost analysis tools: Make more informed data-related decisions about time, resources, and investments to reduce operating costs.
For more information on this or to discuss any AJA project call our technical sales team on 01582 469555.
About AJA Video Systems, Inc.
Since 1993, AJA Video has been a leading manufacturer of video interface technologies, converters, digital video recording solutions and professional cameras, bringing high-quality, cost-effective products to the professional, broadcast and post-production markets. AJA products are designed and manufactured at our facilities in Grass Valley, California, and sold through an extensive sales channel of resellers and systems integrators around the world.