FS4 is a 4-channel 2K/HD/SD or 1-channel 4K/UltraHD frame synchroniser and up, down, cross-converter, and so much more. This combination frame synchroniser and converter offers incredible versatility and connectivity in a sleek 1RU frame for all your 4K/UltraHD and 2K/HD/SD conversion needs.
FS4 offers a wide range of connectivity for both video and audio, including optional SFPs for single link 12G-SDI connectivity. For HDR workflows, the FS4 supports automatic or configurable HDR metadata generation for the SDI output VPID and HDMI output HDR Infoframe.
In Four Channel Mode, FS4 can do the work of four separate devices in 2K/HD/SD or combine all processors and channels for maximum flexibility for 4K/UltraHD productivity in Single Channel Mode.
- Support for two Operational Modes:
- Single Channel Mode for 4K/UltraHD or 2K/HD frame sync and conversion
- 4K/UltraHD/2K/HD/SD video processing and up, down, cross-conversion
- A full range of I/O options for 4K/UltraHD including Quad 1.5G; Dual 3G; and Quad 3G, 6G, and 12G over a range of Coax and optional Fibre choices
- Enhanced Single Channel Mode offers the ability to simultaneously output 4K/UltraHD and a down-converted 2K/HD/SD via the SDI Monitor output.
- Four Channel Mode for simultaneous independent 2K/HD/SD frame sync and conversion
- 2K/HD/SD up, down, cross-conversion
- SD/SD aspect ratio conversion
- HD/HD cross-conversion (720p/1080i)
- Widely interoperable with 4K/UltraHD/2K/HD raster support, SQD and 2SI mapping conversion, P, PsF, and Interlace support
- Configurable HDR settings for SDI output VPID
- HDMI HDR Infoframe generation to support HDR displays per HDMI v2.0b/CTA-861-G for any 2K/HD HDMI output format and 2K/HD output down-scaled from 4K/UltraHD
- Built-in Test Pattern Generator including HDR Colour Bar Test Patterns
- Audio I/O processing with a 272 x 208 matrix of audio possibilities; support for a flexible range of audio feeds from discrete AES to MADI and embedded SDI audio, with each audio input offering sample rate conversion
- Simple operation, a redesigned FS menu structure, and quick access to features via front panel buttons, as well as a web-based UI offering control over a LAN or across the web via a REST API
- A 1RU frame offering space, power, and cost efficiencies ideal for broadcast trucks, postproduction, or broadcast settings
- Five year warranty
Configurable Frame Delay
As sports fans have come to expect a more dynamic, interactive experience, augmented reality (AR) is quickly becoming a common and valuable production asset, but one that requires additional video processing time. For seamless integration of AR into live productions, larger frame buffering capacities are required to delay other sources.
FS4 offers the largest configurable frame delay in its class of up to 20 frames per channel, ensuring all sources stay in time.