Las Vegas, NV, NAB Conference, Stand SL2416 (April 8, 2019)—At NAB 2019, AJA Video Systems announced Desktop Software v15.2, a free update packed with solid new features and performance enhancements for AJA KONA, Io and T-TAP products. Desktop Software v15.2 enhances creative freedom and flexibility with support for Apple ProRes family capture/playback across Windows, Linux and macOS in AJA Control Room, at up to 8K resolutions. It also adds new IP SMPTE ST 2110 workflows using AJA Io IP, and updates for KONA IP including ST 2110-40 ANC support.
"In an ever-shifting market, creative professionals are tasked with adapting to a collection of standards and formats, and we’re always evaluating how we can make it easier for them with consistent software updates that extend the value of our products,” said Nick Rashby, President, AJA Video Systems. “Desktop Software v15.2 introduces a host of strong new features for KONA and Io users, supporting the latest IP video standards, Apple ProRes across multiple OS’s, and cutting edge 8K capability."
Desktop Software v15.2 feature highlights include:
- Apple ProRes encoding and decoding up to ProRes 4444 XQ across Windows, Linux and macOS with free AJA Control Room software. Supports up to 8K resolutions.
- Up to 8K capture/playback with AJA KONA 5 in AJA Control Room and in the AJA SDK.
- SMPTE ST 2110 support for Io IP, AJA’s portable Thunderbolt™ 3 audio and video I/O device – bridging 10 GigE to Adobe® Premiere® Pro, Apple® Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer®, FilmLight products and more.Content
- A new AJA NMOS application supporting NMOS Rx/Tx.
- SMPTE ST 2110-40 ANC Rx and Tx support with KONA IP and Io IP
Pricing and Availability
Desktop Software v15.2 will be available in May as a free download from AJA’s support page.