FS1-X is the next evolution in frame synchronisation and conversion. Building on the best of FS1 and adding support for 1080p while maintaining support for analogue ensures you are ready for what came before and what comes next. Within its compact 1RU chassis, FS1-X integrates an amazing array of video and audio connectivity and processing, including 56- and 64-channel MADI audio over coax or fibre.
- HD/SD Frame Synchroniser and Format Converter
- 2x 3G-SDI Inputs
- 2x Fiber 3G-SDI Inputs (optional)
- HD component YPbPr, SMPTE-274 (3x BNC) Input
- HDMI I/O
- 2x 3G-SDI Outputs
- 2x Fiber 3G-SDI Outputs (optional)
- HD component YPbPr, SMPTE-274 (3x BNC) Output
- Composite SD Analogue I/O
- 64-ch MADI Fibre and 64-Ch MADI Coax I/O
- 8-channel balanced analog I/O, DB-25F 25-pin Power connector (Tascam pinout)
- 16-channel AES/EBU I/O (BNC), DB-25F 25-pin connector
- Front panel controls
- Easy to use web UI, configure and control from standard web browsers
- Five year warranty
Matching up and synchronising disparate video and audio formats is a critical part of any broadcast, mobile or postproduction environment. Within its compact 1RU chassis, FS1-X integrates an amazing array of video and audio connectivity and processing. Featuring a flexible architecture, FS1-X simultaneously works with a range of video connectivity from analog to 3G-SDI 10-bit broadcast quality video and incorporates embedded audio, AES, MADI, and analog audio.
Utilising AJA’s remarkable conversion algorithms, FS1-X supports up, down and cross-conversion between SD and HD signals for the highest quality output possible.
Massive audio flexibility
The growth of 5.1 and 7.1 audio has increased the number of audio channels that must be managed in a production. The MADI standard provides a convenient way to transport huge numbers of audio channels along a single cable, simplifying the cabling demands for broadcasters, mobile trucks, and production.
FS1-X supports both fibre and coax 64-Channel MADI input and output. An internal 224 x 224 audio matrix allows full routing of MADI and all audio coming from SDI, fibre, AES and analog sources for an incredible amount of audio processing capability in a single box.
AJA’s hardware conversion technology ensures the highest image quality for your productions.
Key conversion features include:
- SD/HD up, down-conversion
- SD/SD aspect ratio conversion
- HD/HD cross-conversion (720p/1080i)
- Up, down, cross-conversion with both the input and converted formats on SD/HD SDI outputs (both synchronised)
- HD cross-conversion with simultaneous down-converted SDI output
- Automatic Reverse Telecine detection and removal
- Closed Caption conversion (CEA-608/CEA-708 standards)
- AFD conversion or pass-through (user-selectable)